Sunday, 1 May 2016

556.banana,mango and peanut butter smoothie bowl

Healthy start to the day

     Many of us cannot begin the day without breakfast, some don't have breakfast at all and some just need their daily mug of coffee or tea to begin the day. I cannot skip breakfast especially when I am not fasting. I love to have bread and tea or cereal. However, I have recently got hubby dear to have oats instead of cereal as they say even though he has bran flakes, all cereals contain sugar. I prefer to have a nice thick smoothie. Whatever ingredients I use for his porridge mine go into the blender. My day begins with work in the kitchen before the water disappears, yoga and then after a cold shower, and my prayers I relax and enjoy my breakfast. Its during that time I catch up with all the messages, make calls when required, do a crossword and read the paper. For this month the shhh cooking secretly group decided to have #smoothies as the theme for April. My partner Priya of Priya's Menu  gave me banana and peanut butter as the two secret ingredients. This gave me the opportunity to show off my breakfast. Though the fruit may vary, I try and add nuts, seeds and oats every day to my smoothie. So what is a smoothie bowl? Well, the smoothie in this case is thicker than a drinkable smoothie but thinner than a pudding. The basic ingredients required to make a smoothie bowl are liquid, fruits/vegetables, good fat, thickener, protein and toppings. Here's a rough guideline as to what you can use to make a healthy smoothie bowl:
Liquids can be milk, soy milk, almond or cashew nut milk, yogurt.
Fruits or/both vegetables of your choice.
Good fat - peanut or other nut butters, coconut oil, avocado.
Thickener - yogurt, chia seeds, oats, banana, avocado, mango etc.
Protein - milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder, nut butters
Topping - chopped fruits, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, spices, dried fruits, cereals, crumbled cookies
Check out the ingredients that went into my smoothie bowl.













BANANA, MANGO AND PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE BOWL
For 1

½ cup milk
1 banana
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp oats
½ cup peeled and diced mango

For topping :

6-7 grapes
1 tbsp rice crispies
1 tbsp chopped pistachios
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp cinnamon powder


  1. Peel and chop the banana and add into a blender.
  2. Add peanut butter, mango, milk and oats.
  3. Blend the mixture till it becomes smooth.
  4. Take the smoothie out into a bowl.
  5. If you prefer, at this stage can chill it for 30 minutes.
  6. Decorate with the topping and serve.
Tips :
  • Can use frozen fruits.
  • Vary the fruits, seeds and thickeners.
  • I prefer to soak the chia seeds in water for 30 minutes. If you don't have time to do that in the morning, soak them at night.

Sending this recipe for the following event :




13 comments:

  1. Banana and peanut butter is marriage in heaven... Such a thick and delicious looking smoothie bowl that is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafeeda, it was really thick, no way could have had it with a straw.

      Delete
    2. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/chia-seeds-is-the-most-extremely-versatile-superfood-and-vegetarian-supply-of-omega-3/

      Delete
  2. Love the addition of peanut butter. Looks so filling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veena. Peanut butter certainly made it taste different.

      Delete
  3. Very healthy,filling n yummy smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya for the wonderful ingredients. It worked well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mayuri,This is really healthy and yummy recipe.
    I am hosting MLLA for the month of May 2016. You can share any vegetarian lentil recipe which you posted in 2016. Please come and see the rules of the event.http://herbsspicesandtradition.blogspot.ca/2016/05/event-announcement-hosting-my-legume.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadhna. Will certainly post a few recipes.

      Delete
  5. Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Mayuri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This smoothie bowl looks delicious and very tasty . I love the presentation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.

Sunday, 1 May 2016

556.banana,mango and peanut butter smoothie bowl

Healthy start to the day

     Many of us cannot begin the day without breakfast, some don't have breakfast at all and some just need their daily mug of coffee or tea to begin the day. I cannot skip breakfast especially when I am not fasting. I love to have bread and tea or cereal. However, I have recently got hubby dear to have oats instead of cereal as they say even though he has bran flakes, all cereals contain sugar. I prefer to have a nice thick smoothie. Whatever ingredients I use for his porridge mine go into the blender. My day begins with work in the kitchen before the water disappears, yoga and then after a cold shower, and my prayers I relax and enjoy my breakfast. Its during that time I catch up with all the messages, make calls when required, do a crossword and read the paper. For this month the shhh cooking secretly group decided to have #smoothies as the theme for April. My partner Priya of Priya's Menu  gave me banana and peanut butter as the two secret ingredients. This gave me the opportunity to show off my breakfast. Though the fruit may vary, I try and add nuts, seeds and oats every day to my smoothie. So what is a smoothie bowl? Well, the smoothie in this case is thicker than a drinkable smoothie but thinner than a pudding. The basic ingredients required to make a smoothie bowl are liquid, fruits/vegetables, good fat, thickener, protein and toppings. Here's a rough guideline as to what you can use to make a healthy smoothie bowl:
Liquids can be milk, soy milk, almond or cashew nut milk, yogurt.
Fruits or/both vegetables of your choice.
Good fat - peanut or other nut butters, coconut oil, avocado.
Thickener - yogurt, chia seeds, oats, banana, avocado, mango etc.
Protein - milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, protein powder, nut butters
Topping - chopped fruits, nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, spices, dried fruits, cereals, crumbled cookies
Check out the ingredients that went into my smoothie bowl.













BANANA, MANGO AND PEANUT BUTTER SMOOTHIE BOWL
For 1

½ cup milk
1 banana
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp oats
½ cup peeled and diced mango

For topping :

6-7 grapes
1 tbsp rice crispies
1 tbsp chopped pistachios
1 tbsp chia seeds
½ tsp cinnamon powder


  1. Peel and chop the banana and add into a blender.
  2. Add peanut butter, mango, milk and oats.
  3. Blend the mixture till it becomes smooth.
  4. Take the smoothie out into a bowl.
  5. If you prefer, at this stage can chill it for 30 minutes.
  6. Decorate with the topping and serve.
Tips :
  • Can use frozen fruits.
  • Vary the fruits, seeds and thickeners.
  • I prefer to soak the chia seeds in water for 30 minutes. If you don't have time to do that in the morning, soak them at night.

Sending this recipe for the following event :




Pin It

13 comments:

  1. Banana and peanut butter is marriage in heaven... Such a thick and delicious looking smoothie bowl that is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rafeeda, it was really thick, no way could have had it with a straw.

      Delete
    2. Good sharing, for healthy purpose, Chia seeds offer the highest volume of Omega-3, as well as addition fiber (soluble and insoluble) along with vitamins or perhaps minerals you don’t usually get whenever you take sea food oil. Chia seeds giving you long lasting energy during the day moving in deep, restful sleep during the night time. May read this article about Chia seeds at:
      http://kidbuxblog.com/chia-seeds-is-the-most-extremely-versatile-superfood-and-vegetarian-supply-of-omega-3/

      Delete
  2. Love the addition of peanut butter. Looks so filling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veena. Peanut butter certainly made it taste different.

      Delete
  3. Very healthy,filling n yummy smoothie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya for the wonderful ingredients. It worked well.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mayuri,This is really healthy and yummy recipe.
    I am hosting MLLA for the month of May 2016. You can share any vegetarian lentil recipe which you posted in 2016. Please come and see the rules of the event.http://herbsspicesandtradition.blogspot.ca/2016/05/event-announcement-hosting-my-legume.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sadhna. Will certainly post a few recipes.

      Delete
  5. Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Mayuri.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This smoothie bowl looks delicious and very tasty . I love the presentation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.