Today's recipe is a simple but filling and delicious salad. I mixed mango and avocado to make it into a light but filling salad for dinner. I would have loved to add arugula but didn't find any so lettuce it had to be. Check out the simple recipe. Missing from the picture is the onion... forgot to add it when I took the photo.
Share your thoughts :
Do you check your Facebook several times during the day?
MANGO AVOCADO SALAD
1 large avocado
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 large ripe mango
2 cups lettuce pieces
1 small onion
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup fresh orange juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar or any other good vinegar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp coarse pepper powder
½ tsp orange zest
- Peel and cube the avocado and mango.Sprinkle lemon juice over the avocado.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Put the sliced onion, avocado, mango and lettuce in a bowl and toss.
- Add dressing and serve.
- Use arugula or baby spinach instead of lettuce.
- Add a dressing of your choice.
- Always add lemon juice to cut avocado to prevent it from turning black.
You may want to check out the following :
|red cabbage and carrot salad|
|strawberry mango mesclun salad|
|watermelon cucumber salad|
Sending this recipe to the following events :