NO SUGAR, NO CREAMYou maybe wondering what I am talking about. I am talking about an ice cream where you don't need to add any sugar or any whipping cream, no sweetened condensed milk. I came across this recipe in an Eating well article. The original recipe used just the bananas, but I added milk to give it a more creamier, softer texture. You really can't make out that this ice cream is not made from any cream or condensed milk. Easy to make, can also make it in minutes if you get unexpected guests. However, I do recommend a very strong blender for this task. You know the magi mix type or even the steel jug type which we normally get in India. I used my kenwood blender and it worked fine for this recipe. You will need to push and prod the mixture till it can blend into a thick mixture on its own. Frozen bananas is like crushing ice in your blender. Partially thawed bananas do not work so well. This ice cream will definitely have less calories as compared to the normal ones. Its healthy and a treat for kids too. Adding a bit of the sea salt brings out the taste of the other ingredients and also gives a deliciously light salty taste.
Share your thoughts :
Are you a big fan of ice creams, sorbets, sherberts?
BANANA ICE CREAM
3 - 4 very ripe bananas
½ cup cold milk
¼ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1-2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- Peel the bananas and chop into slices. Freeze the slices.
- If you have roasted the peanuts at home, remove the skin.
- Chop the peanuts roughly.
- Put the frozen banana slices, milk, peanut butter, cinnamon powder and salt into a blender.
- Process the mixture. You may need to push and prod the mixture a bit with a spatula.
- Process till you have a smooth thick soft ice cream like mixture.
- Scoop out the ice cream into a freezable container.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.It will set a bit.
- Scoop out into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts and serve.
- Use over ripe bananas as they tend to be naturally sweet.
- I tend to chop up over ripe bananas and freeze them. Handy when you need them for ice creams, smoothies or banana cakes and muffins.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the ice cream and serve.
- Leave the ice cream at room temperature if it becomes too hard. As it gets softer you will be able to scoop it out easily.
- Add chocolate chips instead of peanuts or any other nuts of your choice.
You may want to check out the following :
|strawberry frozen yogurt|
Sending this recipe to the following events :