a cooling indulgenceValentine's Day was a bit hot and hubby dear was expecting to find iced tea, cold fresh juice or something cool in the fridge. He didn't find anything so I asked him to have a cold glass of Ribena. He didn't want to have that so I thought of nimbu pani. He didn't want that too. Its amazing how some people love to beat around the bush when they have something specific in their minds and cannot speak it out forthright. The conversations went towards all deviations but the direct path.... "It's been so long since we have had that nice cooling cold coffee, home made, not the ones we find at cafes, watery and with blobs of cream. Ummm I can taste it in my mouth. I wish somebody could make it for me". I look around to check if he is talking to someone else, but that can't be as its just the two of us at home. "If my mum was here she would have already be making it as I speak." That too didn't make me rush to the kitchen because I was waiting for the direct request ...may we have some cold coffee. It took nearly 5 minutes of beating around the bush till I finally threw my hands in the air and said "I've got the message".
A lovely quick treat for any special occasion, unexpected guests or just as a sweet indulgence.
HOMEMADE COLD COFFEE
1½ cups cold chilled milk
1 tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp sugar
4 to 6 ice cubes
topping to choose from:
2 tbsp chocolate sauce
½ tsp cinnamon powder
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 tbsp whipped fresh cream
- Crush the ice. I wrap the ice cubes in a clean towel and use a pestle to crush it. If you have those fanc vitamix machines then just add the cubes into the jug.
- Add milk, sugar, coffee and cocoa powder and whizz it for a few seconds.
- Pour into serving glasses.
- Top it with any of the above topping that you like and serve.Cold coffee ready quicker than the time it takes beating around the bush.
- Whizzing it for too long will create a lot of froth.
- Try caramel sauce if you like.
- Whizz it with some vanilla ice cream instead of ice.
- Replace the sugar with an artificial sweetener if you like.
You may want to check out the following:
|jambu banana smoothie|
Sending this recipe for the following events: