beat the heatSalads are much welcome as a light meal or for lunch during the hot season. Hot weather means yummy sweet watermelons and cooling cucumbers. I love combining both cooling agents to create a delicious, filling and friendly on the tummy salad. Balsamic vinegar brings out the flavour of the watermelon and the feta cheese compliments the cucumber perfectly. I read in one of those health blogs that when one eats watermelon after a meal, it makes you burp but eaten on an empty stomach it prevents burps. The reason given is that other foods and fruit in the stomach is a bad idea as it creates gas. Well, how true this is I don't know, but having this salad as a light dinner was perfect for me. Ideal for hot humid days. Go on try this recipe out.
WATERMELON CUCUMBER SALAD
For 2 as a light meal otherwise for 4
1 cup watermelon cubes
1 cup slices of cucumber
¼ cup thin slices of white onion
10 to 12 olives, slice them
½ cup feta cheese cubes
12 to 14 mint leaves, chopped roughly
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp watermelon juice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
¼-½ tsp salt
1 tsp pepper powder
- Mix the salad ingredients together. Cover with a cling film and store in the fridge till required.
- Whisk the dressing and keep it ready.
- Just before serving, add the dressing and toss the salad lightly.
- Add lemon juice instead of watermelon juice.
- Add either black or green olives.
- Try adding baby spinach leaves.
- Add basil leaves instead of mint.
You may want to check out the following:
|watermelon feta spinach salad|
sending this recipe for the following events: