Thursday, 19 July 2012

122. banana beetroot smoothie

going red again

Options for healthy smoothies are endless. Have it for breakfast, as a in between snack or for lunch. I am falling in love with all these smoothies. Before I left for a short holiday to Nairobi I had a lonely boiled beetroot in the fridge. So to use it up the options were salad or smoothie. Thought and thought, salad or smoothie several times. As Ajay says I do put in a lot of thought about food :) Anyway, smoothie won as I found some frozen banana too. And the end result was delicious and healthy. Ricky try it out after an exhausting workout at the gym. You will love it.



BANANA BEETROOT SMOOTHIE
For 2

1 frozen banana 
1 medium boiled beetroot
½ cup fresh orange juice or apple juice
1½ cups cold milk

  1. Chop the beetroot into tiny cubes.
  2. Put all the ingredients in a liquidizer and process till its smooth.
  3. Pour into tall glasses and serve.
Tips :
  • Cut banana into chunks before you freeze it.
  • If you do not have any frozen banana then just add crushed ice cubes.
  • To get the effect as in the photo, I liquidized the ingredients with 1 cup of milk. Pour the smoothie into the glasses. Top it up with the remaining milk. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.

Thursday, 19 July 2012

122. banana beetroot smoothie

going red again

Options for healthy smoothies are endless. Have it for breakfast, as a in between snack or for lunch. I am falling in love with all these smoothies. Before I left for a short holiday to Nairobi I had a lonely boiled beetroot in the fridge. So to use it up the options were salad or smoothie. Thought and thought, salad or smoothie several times. As Ajay says I do put in a lot of thought about food :) Anyway, smoothie won as I found some frozen banana too. And the end result was delicious and healthy. Ricky try it out after an exhausting workout at the gym. You will love it.



BANANA BEETROOT SMOOTHIE
For 2

1 frozen banana 
1 medium boiled beetroot
½ cup fresh orange juice or apple juice
1½ cups cold milk

  1. Chop the beetroot into tiny cubes.
  2. Put all the ingredients in a liquidizer and process till its smooth.
  3. Pour into tall glasses and serve.
Tips :
  • Cut banana into chunks before you freeze it.
  • If you do not have any frozen banana then just add crushed ice cubes.
  • To get the effect as in the photo, I liquidized the ingredients with 1 cup of milk. Pour the smoothie into the glasses. Top it up with the remaining milk. 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.