Sunday, 20 May 2012

57. chocolate pistachio fudge

dark fantasy

I had this sudden craving for chocolate. I love eating chocolate and have at least a teeny weeny piece on most days if not everyday. Dark, white or milk, chocolate is chocolate. This time I decided to make some at home instead of buying ready made bars. I have watched Nigella Lawson on cookery shows and love the way she makes cooking look so effortless. Once the ingredients are at hand it is not a chore but a delight. Nigella Lawson has her own style and mannerism which is very endearing. So, I decided to try out her chocolate fudge recipe. This is not a proper fudge. In fact this chocolate fudge is melt in the mouth type and very yummy. Next time I will definitely try the recipe with other nuts and fruits.Just writing about it is making my mouth water. Okay just quickly going to the fridge. Right, I am back with my mouth full with the fudge. uummmm!



CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO FUDGE
Nigella wrote 64 pieces but I got only 24. Perhaps my pieces are way too big!

350g dark chocolate(minimum 70% cocoa solids) 
1(397g) can sweet condensed milk
2 tbsps butter
1cup pistachios

  1. Chop the chocolate into chips.
  2. Toast the pistachios lightly in a pan. Chop them into big pieces.
  3. Put the chocolate, condensed milk  and butter into a heavy bottomed pan. Melt the chocolate over low heat stirring the mixture all the time.
  4. Add the nuts and mix well.
  5. Pour the mixture into a 23cm x23 cm foil tray.
  6. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
  7. Let the fudge cool. Refrigerate it till it sets. Cut into square pieces.The size depends on you.
  8. Store it in the fridge in a container.
Tips :
  • I didn't have a foil tray so I greased a tray with butter and poured the mixture into it. Next time I will line the tray with foil.
  • Can make into round balls once the mixture is cool.
  • Try other nuts and fruits instead of pistachios only.
  • Great gift for chocolate lovers.
  • Most dark chocolates indicate the percentage of cocoa solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.

Sunday, 20 May 2012

57. chocolate pistachio fudge

dark fantasy

I had this sudden craving for chocolate. I love eating chocolate and have at least a teeny weeny piece on most days if not everyday. Dark, white or milk, chocolate is chocolate. This time I decided to make some at home instead of buying ready made bars. I have watched Nigella Lawson on cookery shows and love the way she makes cooking look so effortless. Once the ingredients are at hand it is not a chore but a delight. Nigella Lawson has her own style and mannerism which is very endearing. So, I decided to try out her chocolate fudge recipe. This is not a proper fudge. In fact this chocolate fudge is melt in the mouth type and very yummy. Next time I will definitely try the recipe with other nuts and fruits.Just writing about it is making my mouth water. Okay just quickly going to the fridge. Right, I am back with my mouth full with the fudge. uummmm!



CHOCOLATE PISTACHIO FUDGE
Nigella wrote 64 pieces but I got only 24. Perhaps my pieces are way too big!

350g dark chocolate(minimum 70% cocoa solids) 
1(397g) can sweet condensed milk
2 tbsps butter
1cup pistachios

  1. Chop the chocolate into chips.
  2. Toast the pistachios lightly in a pan. Chop them into big pieces.
  3. Put the chocolate, condensed milk  and butter into a heavy bottomed pan. Melt the chocolate over low heat stirring the mixture all the time.
  4. Add the nuts and mix well.
  5. Pour the mixture into a 23cm x23 cm foil tray.
  6. Smoothen the top with a spatula.
  7. Let the fudge cool. Refrigerate it till it sets. Cut into square pieces.The size depends on you.
  8. Store it in the fridge in a container.
Tips :
  • I didn't have a foil tray so I greased a tray with butter and poured the mixture into it. Next time I will line the tray with foil.
  • Can make into round balls once the mixture is cool.
  • Try other nuts and fruits instead of pistachios only.
  • Great gift for chocolate lovers.
  • Most dark chocolates indicate the percentage of cocoa solid.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.