Monday, 14 May 2012

47. eggless carrot muffins

happy birthday Daxa

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. Usually I bake something to give her as a present as she doesn't bake much. So obviously this year was no different. So with all the ingredients ready I was on a mission to bake some eggless carrot muffins.I had got the recipe from a blog I can't remember and was there in the book under the heading 'try out'. I didn't scrutinize the recipe, thinking that most are written out well and do turn out pretty good. So while I was mixing and measuring, realised that the batter  was turning out too dry. So putting my know how of baking into action had to re vamp the recipe and start afresh. The end result was  soft and not too sweet muffins. Perhaps next time I should add a cream cheese frosting on them.

updated 22/02/2016










EGGLESS CARROT MUFFINS
Makes about 12 medium muffins

1½ cups plain flour (I used 1 cup plain flour and  ½ cup wholewheat flour)
1 cup finely grated carrots
½ cup brown or white sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda bicarbonate
½ tsp salt
½ cup yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ cup raisins or sultanas(can add chocolate chips, walnuts, hazelnuts)

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  2. Sieve the flours, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, cinnamon powder and salt together. 
  3. Add grated carrots and raisins to the flour. Mix well.
  4.  Mix the oil, yogurt and sugar together in a bowl.
  5. Whisk it well to emulsify the mixture.
  6. Pour it into the flour mixture. Mix just till the flour gets wet. Don't over mix.
  7. Prepare the muffin tray or molds by putting paper cups into it.
  8. Spoon the batter ¾ of the way into each cup. 
  9. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes till the tops are golden brown and the muffins are done.
Tips :
  • Can use nuts instead of raisins.
  • Top the muffins with sunflower seeds, chocolate sprinkle or oats before baking.
  • I prefer to use brown sugar as it gives a nice golden colour to the muffins. 
  • If you are using a mixture of nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, make it up to ½ -¾ cup.
  • I find ½ cup sugar just right, if you like sweeter muffins add ¾ cup.
You may want to check out the following :

wholewheat banana muffins


3 comments:

  1. Birthdays should be always celebrated with delicious cakes like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have a friend that bakes for you - you are so kind

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.

Monday, 14 May 2012

47. eggless carrot muffins

happy birthday Daxa

Yesterday was my best friend's birthday. Usually I bake something to give her as a present as she doesn't bake much. So obviously this year was no different. So with all the ingredients ready I was on a mission to bake some eggless carrot muffins.I had got the recipe from a blog I can't remember and was there in the book under the heading 'try out'. I didn't scrutinize the recipe, thinking that most are written out well and do turn out pretty good. So while I was mixing and measuring, realised that the batter  was turning out too dry. So putting my know how of baking into action had to re vamp the recipe and start afresh. The end result was  soft and not too sweet muffins. Perhaps next time I should add a cream cheese frosting on them.

updated 22/02/2016










EGGLESS CARROT MUFFINS
Makes about 12 medium muffins

1½ cups plain flour (I used 1 cup plain flour and  ½ cup wholewheat flour)
1 cup finely grated carrots
½ cup brown or white sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp soda bicarbonate
½ tsp salt
½ cup yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
½ cup raisins or sultanas(can add chocolate chips, walnuts, hazelnuts)

  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
  2. Sieve the flours, baking powder, soda bicarbonate, cinnamon powder and salt together. 
  3. Add grated carrots and raisins to the flour. Mix well.
  4.  Mix the oil, yogurt and sugar together in a bowl.
  5. Whisk it well to emulsify the mixture.
  6. Pour it into the flour mixture. Mix just till the flour gets wet. Don't over mix.
  7. Prepare the muffin tray or molds by putting paper cups into it.
  8. Spoon the batter ¾ of the way into each cup. 
  9. Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes till the tops are golden brown and the muffins are done.
Tips :
  • Can use nuts instead of raisins.
  • Top the muffins with sunflower seeds, chocolate sprinkle or oats before baking.
  • I prefer to use brown sugar as it gives a nice golden colour to the muffins. 
  • If you are using a mixture of nuts, raisins, chocolate chips, make it up to ½ -¾ cup.
  • I find ½ cup sugar just right, if you like sweeter muffins add ¾ cup.
You may want to check out the following :

wholewheat banana muffins


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Birthdays should be always celebrated with delicious cakes like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to have a friend that bakes for you - you are so kind

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your comments are valuable to me.